Merz Americas CEO Bob Rhatigan named “Top Aesthetics CEO” for the third year in a row
Key products XEOMIN®(incobotulinumtoxinA) and Ultherapy® recognized with best-in-class awards
RALEIGH, N.C. – May 20, 2019 – For the third year in a row, Merz has been recognized as the “Top Aesthetics Company” by Aesthetic Everything® and Bob Rhatigan has been named the “Top Aesthetics CEO.” As part of the annual Aesthetic and Cosmetic Medicine Awards, Merz executives and products were also recognized with 19 additional award wins – 21 total wins overall.
“We are extremely proud that Merz’s products and executives have again been honored by Aesthetic Everything,” said Bob Rhatigan, CEO, Merz Americas. “This customer and industry recognition is a true testament to our commitment and dedication to customers and patients as we strive every day to help people look better, feel better and live better.”
The full list of awards includes:
- “Top Aesthetics Company” – Merz
- “Top Aesthetics CEO” – Bob Rhatigan
- “Top Aesthetics Chief Commercial Officer” – Patrick Urban
- “Top Aesthetics President” – Bob Bennett
- “Top Aesthetics Executive – General Counsel” – Bill Edwards
- “Top Aesthetics Executive – Technical Operations” – Matt Anderson
- “Top Aesthetics Executive – Marketing” – Can Gumus
- “Top Aesthetics Executive – Commercial Development” – Jon Parrish
- “Top Aesthetics Executive – Sales” – Jeff Castillo
- “Top Aesthetics Executive – Sales” – Mike Floegel
- “Top Aesthetics Executive – Marketing Director” – Christina Meyer
- “Top Aesthetics Executive – Communications” – Emily Browder
- “Top Aesthetics Executive – Sales Director” – Bill Vorhies
- “Top Minimally Invasive Procedure” – Cellfina®
- “Top Non-Surgical Procedures” – XEOMIN® and Ultherapy®
- “Top Dermal Fillers” – Radiesse® and BELOTERO BALANCE®
- “Top Body Shaping Device” – Cellfina®
- “Top Skincare Line” – Neocutis®
- “Top Aesthetics Charitable Effort” – Merz Cares
Aesthetic Everything is the largest social network built exclusively for aesthetic professionals, and announces award winners annually.More than 40,000 votes were cast in this year’s awards, applauding outstanding achievement in the aesthetic industry in areas of treatment, products, management, leadership and more.
Merz in the Americas
Merz has a direct presence in six countries in the Americas, as well as a network of selected professional distribution partners in South and Central America and the Caribbean. Merz in the Americas is headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, and has facilities in Mesa, Arizona, Franksville, Wisconsin, as well as offices in Toronto, Canada, Mexico City, Bogotá, Colombia, São Paolo, Brazil and Buenos Aires, Argentina. For more information, visit www.merzusa.com.
PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR THE IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION about XEOMIN, INCLUDING BOXED WARNING
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
INDICATIONS AND USAGE
XEOMIN (incobotulinumtoxinA) for injection, for intramuscular use is indicated for the temporary improvement in the appearance of moderate to severe glabellar lines with corrugator and/or procerus muscle activity in adult patients.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
WARNING: DISTANT SPREAD OF TOXIN EFFECT
The effects of XEOMIN and all botulinum toxin products may spread from the area of injection to produce symptoms consistent with botulinum toxin effects. These symptoms have been reported hours to weeks after injection. Swallowing and breathing difficulties can be life threatening and there have been reports of death. The risk of symptoms is probably greatest in children treated for spasticity but symptoms can also occur in adults, particularly in those patients who have underlying conditions that would predispose them to these symptoms.
Hypersensitivity reactions have been reported with botulinum toxin products (anaphylaxis, serum sickness, urticaria, soft tissue edema, and dyspnea). If serious and/or immediate hypersensitivity reactions occur further injection of XEOMIN should be discontinued and appropriate medical therapy immediately instituted. XEOMIN is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to any botulinum toxin preparation or to any of the components in the formulation.
Use in patients with an infection at the injection site could lead to severe local or disseminated infection.
XEOMIN is contraindicated in the presence of infection at the proposed injection site(s).
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- The potency units of XEOMIN are specific to the preparation and assay method used and are not interchangeable with other preparations of botulinum toxin products. Therefore, Units of biological activity of XEOMIN cannot be compared to or converted into Units of any other botulinum toxin products.
- Treatment with XEOMIN and other botulinum toxin products can result in swallowing or breathing difficulties. Patients with pre-existing swallowing or breathing difficulties may be more susceptible to these complications. When distant effects occur, additional respiratory muscles may be involved. Patients may require immediate medical attention should they develop problems with swallowing, speech, or respiratory disorders. Dysphagia may persist for several months, which may require use of a feeding tube. Aspiration may result from severe dysphagia [See BOXED WARNING].
- Individuals with peripheral motor neuropathic diseases, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or neuromuscular junctional disorders (e.g., myasthenia gravis or Lambert-Eaton syndrome) should be monitored particularly closely when given botulinum toxin. Patients with neuromuscular disorders may be at increased risk of clinically significant effects including severe dysphagia and respiratory compromise from typical doses of XEOMIN.
- Glabellar Lines: Do not exceed the recommended dosage and frequency of administration of XEOMIN. In order to reduce the complication of ptosis the following steps should be taken:
- avoid injection near the levator palpebrae superioris, particularly in patients with larger brow depressor complexes;
- corrugator injections should be placed at least 1 cm above the bony supraorbital ridge.
- XEOMIN contains human serum albumin. Based on effective donor screening and product manufacturing processes, it carries an extremely remote risk for transmission of viral diseases and Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD). No cases of transmission of viral diseases or CJD have ever been reported for albumin.
Glabellar Lines: The most commonly observed adverse reaction (incidence ≥ 2% of patients and greater than placebo) for XEOMIN was Headache (5.4%).
Co-administration of XEOMIN and aminoglycoside antibiotics or other agents interfering with neuromuscular transmission, e.g., tubocurarine-type muscle relaxants, should only be performed with caution as these agents may potentiate the effect of the toxin.
Use of anticholinergic drugs after administration of XEOMIN may potentiate systemic anticholinergic effects. The effect of administering different botulinum toxin products at the same time or within several months of each other is unknown. Excessive neuromuscular weakness may be exacerbated by administration of another botulinum toxin prior to the resolution of the effects of a previously administered botulinum toxin.
USE IN PREGNANCY
There are no adequate data on the developmental risk associated with the use of XEOMIN in pregnant women. XEOMIN should be used during pregnancy only if the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus.
Safety and effectiveness of XEOMIN in patients less than 18 years of age have not been established.
IMPORTANT RADIESSE® SAFETY INFORMATION
RADIESSE® Injectable Implant is FDA-approved for hand augmentation to correct volume loss in the dorsum of the hands.
RADIESSE® is contraindicated for patients with severe allergies, known hypersensitivity to any of the components of RADIESSE®, and patients with bleeding disorders. Introduction of the product into the vasculature may lead to embolization, occlusion of the vessels, ischemia, or infarction.
Common adverse events observed in the clinical study of RADIESSE® injected into the dorsum of the hand include bruising, redness, swelling, pain, itching, nodule or bumps/ lumps, difficulty performing activities, loss of sensation and other local side effects.
For complete RADIESSE® safety information, including information on adverse events from post-market surveillance of RADIESSE®, please refer to the Instructions for Use at Radiesse.com. To report a problem with RADIESSE®, please call MyMerz Solutions at 1-844-469-6379.
IMPORTANT ULTHERAPY® AND CELLFINA® SAFETY INFORMATION
For full product and safety information, including possible mild side effects of Cellfina® and Ultherapy®, visit www.cellfina.com and www.ultherapy.com, respectively.
6501 Six Forks Road Raleigh, NC 27615
Copyright © 2019 Merz North America, Inc. All rights reserved. MERZ®, the MERZ® logo and XEOMIN® are registered trademarks of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA. Ultherapy® and Cellfina® are registered trademarks of Ulthera, Inc. Radiesse® is a registered trademark of Merz North America, Inc. DeScribe® is a registered trademark of ONLight Sciences, Inc.