Merz Aesthetics, a global leader in medical aesthetics, today announced the presentation of data from its medical aesthetics portfolio at the 18th edition of the Aesthetic & Anti-Aging Medicine World Congress (AMWC) taking place virtually as “AMWC Global 2020, The Virtual Edition”, to be held from Thursday, November 5 to Saturday, November 7, 2020. Merz Aesthetics is an elite sponsor of the global industry congress.
“We are proud to continue our commitment to the medical aesthetics industry by sponsoring this virtual meeting. We are looking forward to sharing data on the Merz Aesthetics portfolio, engage with our customers and partners and present Merz Aesthetics in a new innovative format. It’s time to think differently to keep the momentum of the industry,” said Frank Brandt-Pollmann, President EMEA, Merz Aesthetics.
In addition to the presentations listed below, Merz Aesthetics is sponsoring two symposium events to be held over the course of the meeting and led by renowned medical aesthetic experts:
“The Skin You Are In – Collagen Expert Session” to be held on Friday, November 6, 15:15h – 16:15h CET. The session will include injection videos and insights from renowned international experts:
- Dr. Gabriela Casabona – Aesthetic Physician, Spain
- Dr. Jani van Loghem – Aesthetic Physician, The Netherlands
- Professor Yana A. Yutskovskaya – Dermatologist, Russia
“conFRONT every LINE! – Upper Face Rejuvenation” to be held on Saturday, November 7, 12:30h – 13:30h CET. The session will include injection videos and insights from renowned international experts:
- Dr. Tatjana Pavicic – Dermatologist, Germany
- Dr. Thomas Rappl – Dermatologist, Austria
Gabriela Casabona: ‘CaHA as a Biostimulator’ (Evolution of Regenerative Aesthetics Where are We Now Session); Thursday, November 5, 13:30-15:30h CET, AMWC Stream 2*
Dr. Carla Pecora: ‘Botulinum Toxin Injection: Customized Eyebrow Reshape and Positioning, with an Individualized Approach’ (Forehead Treatment and Importance of the Eyebrow Line Session); Thursday, November 5, 16:30-18:30h CET, AMWC Stream 1*
Dr. Daria Voropai: ‘Midface Dilemmas: How Individual Approaches Require a Multiple Tissue Plane Approach and How Ultrasound, Tactile Feedback, Visual Cues Help Us to Achieve This’ (Cheeks: Fillers, Threads of Both? Session); Friday, November 6, 16:30-18:30h CET, AMWC Stream 2*
Dr. Kate Goldie: ‘Redefining the Art of the Lip’ (Lips and Perioral Rejuvenation Session); Saturday, November 7th, 14:00-16:00h CET, AMWC Stream 2*
Scientific Data Presentations
Virtual posters will be available for viewing for the duration of the congress.
- Safety of Cohesive Polydensified Matrix Cross-Linked Hyaluronic Acid Volumizing Gel in Temporal Hollows and Cheeks: A Prospective, Open-Label, Post-Market Study. Tatjana Pavicic, MD –Germany; Gerhard Sattler, MD – Germany, Welf Prager, MD – Germany, Tanja Fischer, MD PhD – Germany, Gerd Gauglitz, MD – Germany, Matthias Hofmann, PhD – Germany; Hanna Dersch – Germany; Shahbaz Riaz, PharmD – USA, Martina Kerscher, MD – Germany.
- Hydration Effect of a Revitalizing CPM® Cross-Linked Hyaluronic Acid Gel Containing Glycerol. Kay Marquardt, Sabine Falk, Matthias Hofmann, Jeannette Simon, Thomas Hengl – all Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Germany.
- IncobotulinumtoxinA Demonstrates Safety and Prolonged Duration of Effect in a Dose-Ranging Study for Glabellar Lines. Martina Kerscher, MD – Germany, Sabrina Fabi, MD – USA, Tanja Fischer, MD PhD – Germany, Michael Gold, MD – USA, John Joseph, MD – USA, Welf Prager, MD – Germany, Berthold Rzany, MD ScM – Germany, Steve Yoelin, MD – USA, Susanna Roll, Dr. med – Germany, Gudrun Klein, PhD – Germany, Corey Maas, MD PhD – USA.
- Decreased Therapeutic Effect Over Time Amongst Botulinum Toxin Type A Agents. Rashid Kazerooni – Merz North America, USA.
- Neurotoxin Impurities: A Review of Threats to Efficacy. Je-Young Park, MD – USA, Owen Sunga, MD, MSc – Singapore, Rungsima Wanitphakdeedecha, MD, MA, MSc – Thailand, Jürgen Frevert, PhD – Germany.
- CaHA microspheres remodel collagen networks leading to improved skin quality and reveal new treatment possibilities. Gabriela Casabona, MD – Spain, Bartosch Nowag, Daniela Schäfer, Davide Greco, Thomas Hengl – all Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH, Germany
- Combination of Calcium Hydroxylapatite Diluted with Normal Saline and Microfocused Ultrasound with Visualization for Skin Tightening. Yana Alexandrovna Yutskovskaya, MD – Russia, Anna Daniilovna Sergeeva, MD – Russia, Evgeniya Altarovna Kogan, MD PhD – Russia.*
- Optimizing Patient Outcomes through a Customized Approach of Microfocused Ultrasound with Visualization Treatments: Consensus Guidelines from an Expert Panel. Sabrina G. Fabi, MD – USA, John Joseph, MD – USA, Julia Sevi, MD PhD – UK, Jeremy B. Green, MD – USA, Jennifer Deaver Peterson, MD – USA.
*Merz-supported Investigator Initiated Trial
About Merz Aesthetics
At Merz Aesthetics, we are a medical aesthetics business with a long history of empowering health care professionals, patients and employees to live every day with confidence. We aim to help people around the world look, feel and live like the best versions of themselves. Clinically proven, our product portfolio includes injectables, devices and skin care treatments designed to meet each patient’s needs with the highest standards of safety and efficacy. We are known for building unique connections with customers who feel like family. Our global headquarters is in Raleigh, N.C., USA, with locations in 32 countries worldwide. Merz Aesthetics is part of Merz Group, a family owned company founded in 1908 and based in Frankfurt, Germany. Learn more at merzaesthetics.com.
Copyright © 2020 Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH. All rights reserved. MERZ, MERZ AESTHETICS and the MERZ logo are registered trademarks of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA.
Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH
Eckenheimer Landstraße 100, 60318 Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Regional Communications EMEA