Merz Aesthetics is presenting at the 2023 International Master Course on Aging Science (IMCAS) World Congress a total of 10 abstracts highlighting its medical aesthetics product portfolio and addressing the evolving needs of a diversifying society and rapidly changing patient demographics. This year’s IMCAS is a hybrid event, allowing participants to attend live in Paris or virtually beginning Thursday, January 26 to Saturday, January 28.
“Merz Aesthetics takes a long-term and responsible look at how patients are treated – especially as individuals from a widening spectrum of age groups and socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds seek medical aesthetic treatments,” said Terri Phillips, M.D., chief medical affairs officer, Merz Aesthetics. “We are proud to contribute data that provide new insight into individualized treatment approaches that improve outcomes for unique patient needs and strengthen the safety and efficacy profile of our portfolio.”
“Our focus in this year’s Merz Aesthetics Symposium at IMCAS Congress is the management of skin quality as a priority within the overall aesthetic treatment journey”, said Frank Brandt-Pollmann, president EMEA, Merz Aesthetics. “We aim to empower medical aesthetics experts with latest trends in an evidence-based way.”
Merz Aesthetics organized a program led by notable medical aesthetic experts, participating in various IMCAS sessions and presenting new data throughout the event.
- Merz Aesthetics Symposium Mastering Skin Quality and Rejuvenation: A Mindset Shift Led by Science – Dr. Niamh Corduff, Dr. Sonja Sattler, Dr. Luiz Perez, Dr. Omar Haroon, Friday, January 27, 2023, 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. CEST
- Merz Aesthetics Support of IMCAS Cadaver Workshop – Anatomist Prof. Dr. Thilo Schenck and Aesthetic Specialist Dr. Welf Prager, Thursday, January 26, 2023, 4:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. CEST
- Product Analysis Session “Emerging Toxins” – Ph.D. Andy Curry, associate medical director, Merz Aesthetics, Friday, January 27, 2023, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. CEST
- IMCAS Economic Tribune Roundtable – Bob Rhatigan, CEO Merz Aesthetics, Friday, January 27, 2023, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. CEST
- IMCAS Product Analysis Session “Tear Trough Fillers” – Dr. Sonia Sattler, Saturday, January 28, 2023, 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. CEST
- Global Facial Rejuvenation Results in Sustained Long-Term Patient Satisfaction. Presenting author: Dr. Kachiu Lee, Friday, January 27, 2023, 11:40 a.m. CEST, Session: Contributing Lectures – Injectables
Virtual posters will be available for viewing on-site throughout the congress and displayed on the virtual e-poster platform with detailed abstracts.
- Skin Quality – A Holistic 360° View: Consensus Results. Presenting author: Dr. Kate Goldie. Co-authors: Dr. Martina Kerscher, Dr. Sabrina Guillen Fabi, Dr. Cyro Hirano, Dr. Marina Landau, Dr. Tingsong Lim, Dr. Heather Woolery-Lloyd, Dr. Kavita Mariwalla, Dr. Je-Young Park, Dr. Yana Yutskovskaya
- HSA as a Stabilizer on Aesthetic Injectables. Presenting author: Ph.D. Andy Curry; Co-authors: Dr. Sonja Sattler, Dr. Stephen Gollomp
- Consensus on the Use of Hyaluronic Acid Fillers from the Cohesively Densified Matrix Range: Best Practice in Specific Facial Indications. Presenting author: Dr. Jani van Loghem. Co-authors: Dr. Sonja Sattler, Dr. Gabriela Casabona, Dr. Sebastian Cotofana, Dr. Sabrina Guillen Fabi, Dr. Kate Goldie, Dr. Uliana Gout, Dr. Martina Kerscher, Dr. Tingsong Lim, Dr. Carla de Sanctis Pecora, Dr. Gerhard Sattler, Dr. Ada Trindade de Almeida, Dr. Rungsima Wanitphakdeedecha, Dr. Philip Werschler, Dr. Tatjana Pavicic
- Biostimulating Fillers and Induction of Inflammatory Pathways: a Preclinical Investigation of Macrophage Response to Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) and Poly-L Lactic Acid (PLLA). Presenting author: Dr. Bartosch Nowag; Co-authors: Dr. Daniela Schäfer, Dr. Thomas Hengl, Dr. Niamh Corduff, Dr. Kate Goldie
- Awareness of Aesthetic and Therapeutic Crossover Usage of Botulinum Toxin Type A. Presenting author: Dr. Carina Daughtry; Co-authors: Susie Albion MSN, RN, Samantha Gokhale Ph.D.
- Glycerol, a Well-Tolerable Humectant in Dermal Fillers. Presenting author: Dr. Thomas Hengl; Co-authors: Dr. C. Hartmann, Dr. K. Marquardt, Dr. C. Wollenburg, Dr. Daniela Schäfer
- Tissue Integration of Hyaluronic Acid Containing Dermal Fillers: An Unbiased, Automated, and Comprehensive Approach to Systematically Compare Dermal Fillers. Presenting author: Dr. Thomas Hengl; Co-authors: Dr. K. Marquardt, Dr. C. Hartmann, Dr. J. Franken, Dr. C. Wollenburg
- Technical Evaluation and In Vitro Studies of Different CaHA-Containing Dermal Fillers: Considering the Impact of Particle Characteristics on Biostimulation. Presenting author: Dr. Cleiton Kunzler; Co-authors: Dr. C. Hartmann, Dr. B. Nowag, Dr. R. El-Banna, Dr. S. Backfisch, Dr. Daniela Schäfer, Dr. R. Stragies, Dr. Thomas Hengl, Dr. N. Hagedorn
- Comparative Clinical and Histomorphological Evaluation of the Injectable Cohesive Polydensified Matrix Hyaluronic Acid and Calcium Hydroxylapatite Combination. Presenting author: Dr. Yana Yutskovskaya; Co-authors: Dr. Е. А. Kogan, Dr. A. Yu. Koroleva
About Merz Aesthetics
Merz Aesthetics is a medical aesthetics business with a long history of empowering health care professionals, patients and employees to live every day with confidence. We aim to help people around the world look, feel and live like the best versions of themselves — however they define it. Clinically proven, its product portfolio includes injectables, devices and skin care treatments designed to meet each patient’s needs with high standards of safety and efficacy. Being family owned for more than 110 years, Merz Aesthetics is known for building unique connections with customers who feel like family. Merz Aesthetics’ global headquarters is in Raleigh, N.C., USA, with a commercial presence in 52 countries worldwide. It is also a part of Merz Group, which was founded in 1908 and is based in Frankfurt, Germany. Learn more at merzaesthetics.com
© 2023 Merz North America, Inc. Merz, Merz Aesthetics, Belotero® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Merz Pharma GmbH & Co. KGaA in the U.S. and/or certain other countries. Ultherapy®, Ulthera® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Ulthera, Inc. in the U.S. and/or certain other countries. Radiesse® is a trademark and/or registered trademark of Merz North America, Inc. in the U.S. and/or certain other countries.
Global Corporate Communications
6501 Six Forks Road
Raleigh, NC 27615